10 July, 2005

Best Buy Sux

I have never been a huge fan of Best Buy. For the most part they don't have what I am looking for. I don't know who does their buying but I am not impressed. Selection and keeping stuff on shelves seems to be a persistant problem. Occassionally I wander in to see if maybe... just maybe something has changed. Of course when I went there Saturday... I was again naturally disappointed but I did end up buying a PC game, which was a mistake. What annoys me most about Best Buy these days is that you can't walk more than 10 feet without being ambushed with a 'can I help you?'. Mmm no... I don't need any help. Couple minutes later another do gooder floor person comes up... Mmm no... still don't need help thanks. Rinse repeat until you leave. Wasn't Best Buy running adverts not too long, differentiating themselves from other places like *cough* Circuit City, who work on commissions? Those Best Buy folks sure behave like they are on commissions. It is all very annoying.

While I am on Best Buy... is it me or does the parking lot at their new location by Lowe's seem to have many fewer cars than they had at the old location at Lake & Glen? The old location had other stores around but you kinda knew where the Best Buy customers parked. They seemed busier before they moved.

Oh... and the game I bought: Medieval Total War. The game is buggy and don't run on my PC. It crashes out to the desktop. It is a known bug that appears to have no plan for patching. Why do companies keep product on the shelf if it is not going to be supported???? My mistake was in getting it at Best Buy which has an awful returns policy. My rule of thumb is don't buy anything there unless you are certain you plan to keep it or have little risk of problems arising with what you purchased. There are heapfuls of horror stories about returns and whatnot.

I want a CompUSA in Peoria. They carry Apple stuff and business/professional stuff.

Bleh... I am bored.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is old but I honestly think you are full of BS. You have customers like you that don't want to take part in any social interaction. Then you have the other 99% of customers that say a customer is 6x more likely to buy when they have been contacted. If nobody spoke to you when you entered those doors you would still have something to complain about. Why don't you stay home and shop online if you are afraid of people. Or will you then complain that their site is too bright and is trying to either trying to tear through your retina or hypnotize you into giving your credit information. I have more to say but you and people piss me off beyond belief.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Few retailers will accept returns on open games because of piracy issues.

Best Buy employees don't work on commission, but their hours can be cut if they are not selling enough. Their wage is their commission. Sorry, but we live in a society of laissez-faire capitalism. The pressure to maximize the bottom line trickles down to consumers like you. Many of them buy into the corporate propaganda anyways.

Best Buy makes about a dollar for each video game it sells. There isn't a large profit margin there and thus they probably aren't watching the reviews of individuals games, assuming that's even possible/feasible for a retail giant to do.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home