02 November, 2005

Bah !! My PC crashed...er well my Win 2k install died.

Hurray for Knoppix Live CD !!!! Bypass that harddrive entirely.

What to do what to do... Hmmm

Reinstall Win2k?

or... go to XP/2003 ???

or... ditch M$ entirely and throw Linux on ???

Tried repairing the Win 2k install... its totally f^&*$d. Even the original install disk don't recognize what is left. The culprit, Civ 4 !!!!!!!! Wait until it is patched before you get it. That SOB blue screened me three times and it felt like memory leaks were the cause. Bad Bad Bad... The blue screens finally destroyed part of the boot sector.

*sigh*

Well I got Knoppix in the meantime. Just slip it into the CD-Rom, reboot, log into the DSL and I am off.

Linkage: http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/

Other Live CDs exist for other flavors of Linux. They are a great way to try before you actually convert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home