18 August, 2005

iPod for my car? #2

I did get an iPod. I love it. No more burning mix CDs or mix tapes. I know I am late to the game but these little toys are awesome.

As I noted before, several car makers are now adding iPod adapters to their new models. Some are allowing older models to be retrofitted. Velde Volvo wants to charge me $300-$400 to put the adapter in. This involved a) an adapter and b) some additional wiring that is not already in place on older model Volvos. Mmm.... right now, the answer is no.

Instead, I got one of these little Griffin iTrip's for $35. It works just fine with the added bonus that I can take it anywhere and listen to it on any radio. The range covers my whole house easily. The neighbors, on either side, could probably listen in if they knew what frequency it was on.

Oh and the kid loves it too. Best to keep it out of their mits or you will be listening to the same songs over n over n over.....

Mahkno

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home