10 November, 2005

Morning Ramble

Well everything is back up and working.

So much to do, so little time. I find myself with so many things I want to say but the words rarely just drip off the keyboards like they do for Bill Dennis or CJ Summers. I am not a journalist nor do I try to be. Long thoughts get conjured but by the time I can sit and write them out, they dissipate into the ether, or the time and the moment have passed.

Lately I have been enjoying the frustrations of dealing with contractors.

The water company buyout that just won't die still rankles me. A good angry rant is brewing deep inside.

France... I have been to France. I know something about what is going on there. Not just because I have been there but Europe is something spent an inordinate amount of time studying in college in futile hopes that I might actually have a career in it. I still read and subscribe to several high brow journals, mags and whatnot. Anyways. The riots may yet prove to be a seminal event for Europe. We will see.

All the events in France recalled my reading of Tony Blankley's The West's Last Chance. The book is an interesting read. There are some significant ommissions in his assessment. His prescription, notably conservative, is a bit over the top too. But... his look at Europe is pretty accurate.

Too much Sex on TV? Get over it. The only reason anyone cares is because *gasp* it might be pushing envelopes and *gasp* some puritan types might be getting their panties in a bunch over it. Compared to the rest of the western world, our TV is very tame. No one cares about the sex on tv in Europe. It doesn't stem from a lack a values so much, as it is just... boring. As you get closer to the saturation point, people pay less attention to it. It certainly has little effect on social ills like teen pregnancy. You can't exactly claim sex saturated Sweden is overflowing with unmarried teen mums or that Swedish society is breaking down. If you don't like it, turn the TV off. Duh !! Pick up a smut filled book instead.

Dunlap schools score top ratings. The Peoria exodus is expected to increase.

Tech Tip: If you use SBC DSL, and presumably MTCO too, you can ditch the software they give you. My SBC disc (along with my T-Online disc) went straight from box to bin, never touching the lips of my CD-ROM. I use RASPPPOE. Some guy in Germany kindly made a simple, tight, PPPOE driver for Windows. This thing works like a champ. I have used it for 6 years now. No overhead. No bloat. No SBC spam. If you get it, follow the instructions !!!!! If you like it, throw the man a few dollars. Cable users are out of luck.

Onward with my day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home